July 6, 2010 “Sunset In My Valley”

July 6, 2010   ‘Sunset In My Valley”

Click photo for slide show

“SUNSET IN MY VALLEY”

I watched the sun set in my valley
That yellow ball sank to a purple sea
Wave upon wave across a purple sea
All those ridges and hills of my valley

Rolling and tumbling across the valley floor
I cast my longing eye across the distant waves
Searching for a launch to sail upon those waves
Yearning for a way to sail above the valley floor

Alas, I did not find one, to chase that flying sun
So I stood a while and pondered this need I have to sail
This ever growing desire to launch my bark and set my sail
And seek that orange horizon and catch that flying sun

But now that purple sea is grown black until tomorrow
I’ll stand a little longer on this mountain shore to dream
Breathing in the evening air knowing it isn’t just a dream
That sun will make his circuit, and I’ll set sail again tomorrow

TLH 7/5/2010

Just Say’n

1. Well, you did it again. You brought me out of my cement cave and put me in the country . . . sailing toward the sun. Well wrought poem. Excellent. Thank you! And I like the addition of the audio. You have a good voice for it.

July 5, 2010 at 8:39 pm

• Thank you so much, Jamie, first, for taking the time to read my work and listen as well, and second, for making such a kind comment. It truly means a lot. As I’ve said before, there is a handful of poets/writers involved with Jingle’s blog, from which to receive an “Excellent” or a “Well done” comment is an honor for me…you are among them. Thank you 🙂

July 5, 2010 at 9:26 pm

2. You weave words like a spider…who weaves a beautiful web Cowboy!! Another wonderful poem that truly touched my heart…I hope I get to see it one day ~ Red

July 5, 2010 at 8:55 pm

• Welcome to my parlor…

Thanks, Red…your comments always bring a smile to my face. I’m sure you’ll see these purple mountains one day. 🙂

Just Say’n

July 5, 2010 at 9:29 pm

3. You are a star writer. No doubt about that.
    I also live in a valley town, although not near the sea. so, I could feel the image first hand.
    Perfectly done…Cheers!

P.s. I like your new signature.

July 5, 2010 at 11:32 pm

4. waystationone

thanks for taking us on that sail with you today…the pic set the tone with beauty and then your words took it from there…nicely done.

July 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm

5. I live in the mountains too. They’re quite a call, aren’t they? Nice job.

July 6, 2010 at 1:17 pm

6. Desiree

Beautiful post. Thanks for your kind comment & feedback on my ‘art’. Keep it up!

July 6, 2010 at 3:54 pm

7. Leonie

Great imagery, great metaphor. I love how carefully and well-constructed it is, with the ABBA pattern for whole words… because it’s so skilfully written, the repetition, of course, is very effective rather than clumsy. So, awesome work!

July 6, 2010 at 5:33 pm

8. Beautiful piece Tracy, you had me captive and it it definitely deserves one more read before I leave here….. I do love the new appearance of you site too….blessings…bkm

July 6, 2010 at 8:58 pm

• Thanks, bkm, for coming by, for reading, and for the kind words…I am blessed.

Rally On

July 8, 2010 at 2:04 am

9. What a beautiful photo, you are indeed a really good writer. I’ll stick around to more of your work. Cheers!

P.S. I really like the background on your site

July 6, 2010 at 10:19 pm

• Thank You 🙂 for the kind comments, and for taking your time to read my work…it means a lot.

Rally On!

July 8, 2010 at 2:02 am

10. outstanding work.
    Smiles!
    😉

July 7, 2010 at 6:21 am

• Thank you, Jingle…for everything 🙂 You Rock!

Rally On!