July 19, 2010 “Foundations”

“Foundations”

When two people realize that things are rarely perfect; that relationships require faith and trust in each other, and when the two let go of pride, and each puts their everything into the hands of the other, there exists the potential for a Love that transcends time and distance.Β  They allow Love to grow, for they know that…

“Love suffereth long, and is kind
Love envieth not
Love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up
Doth not behave itself unseemly
Seeketh not its own
Is not provoked
Taketh not account of evil
Rejoiceth not in unrighteousness
But rejoiceth with the truth
Beareth all things
Believeth all things
Hopeth all things
Endureth all things
Love never faileth”

1 Corinthians 13

1. β€œWhat’s so remarkable about Love at first sight? It’s when people have been looking at each other for years that it becomes remarkable.” – Author unknown.

You’ve a fine voice Tracy!

July 18, 2010 at 10:51 pm

• Thank you again, Cindy. Yep, fresh Love is easy…long term and long distance is the difficult kind, but so rewarding.
      It’s hard for me to listen to my own voice, but I’m getting more comfortable as I go…comments like yours make it much more inviting to do the recording. πŸ™‚

Tracy H

July 18, 2010 at 11:09 pm

2. We just have to walk through that doorway into the great unknown..time can turn any dream into reality. When we allow love to grow…that is the moment love never faileth!!
    Beautiful Cowboy..so very beautiful x

July 18, 2010 at 11:58 pm

• Thanks, Red. You get it…spot on. πŸ™‚
      It’s good to look back at some wisdom from long ago, and know that it’s still relevant today.

Tracy H

July 19, 2010 at 1:12 am

3. DiamondsAndDogs

It took me a lifetime to learn that love is imbued in our actions, not just feelings. Thanks for sharing this.

Regards…

July 19, 2010 at 2:23 pm

• It’s so true…Love, to me, is an action or a decision more than a feeling in the end.

Thanks for reading and commenting so kindly.

Tracy H

July 20, 2010 at 2:03 am

4. Just want to congratulate you on the fantastic award Tracy…I am so proud of you and remember…I always think YOU ROCK!!! Hugs x

July 19, 2010 at 6:04 pm

• Thanks to you, Amanda, you are, after all, the one who got me involved with Jingle’s blog. I have enjoyed every moment we have spent doing the poetry…it’s good for the soul.

Tracy H

July 20, 2010 at 2:01 am

5. What a beautiful recitation of St. Paul’s piece. A personal favorite of mine. I love your introductory narrative, Tracy. Warms the heart . . . you deserve good things . . . including your wonderful June award. Congrats. Thanks for including audio, by the way. Fabulous!

July 19, 2010 at 10:45 pm

• Thank you so very much, Jamie. Paul wrote it as well as any poet could dream to.
      Your comments are, to me, a gold star on my work, truly.
      I’m also very glad you like the audio, thanks for listening πŸ˜‰
      It is a total surprise for me to be on Jingle’s list…who woulda thought?

Tracy H

July 20, 2010 at 1:57 am

6. I thought as a youth (nearly too long ago to remember, but not quite) that love was like a boomerang. You had to give love to get love. And then I discovered it didn’t work that way. There comes a day in most people’s lives when we love and remain unloved. worstto me is to be on the unloving side of an unrequited love. How terrible it is to be the recipient of someone’s love, and feel nothing at all.

July 20, 2010 at 6:16 am

• That is a sad place to be, Patti, believe me, I’ve been there too. Thank you so much for coming by and reading my musings.

Tracy H

July 20, 2010 at 9:58 pm

7. Sandy Harris

Tracy,
    Thanks for sharing this today. Unawares to you, this is mine and Ronnie’s 42nd Anniversary. How very appropriate for us.Love has never failed us. So very blessed.

August 31, 2010 at 9:46 am

• Thank you, Sandy, for giving your time to read and comment…it means a lot. Happy Anniversary πŸ™‚

September 1, 2010 at 12:04 am