July 23, 2010 “Elements”

“Elements”

She:
is a capricious breeze that whistles through
upsetting papers and knocking off the dust
making all feel fresh and new

He:
is the trade winds; constant and steady
carrying precious cargo through the doldrums
gentle, but strong and ever ready

She:
is a mountain stream; always rushing past
tumbling effortlessly over every stone
washing away all that isn’t anchored fast

He:
is a mighty river; big, dark, murky, and slow
but continuous, wide, meandering along
deep and powerful in his flooding flow

She:
is a mountain range; sharp peaks reaching for the sky
forbidding, stark, and beautiful, difficult to navigate
but worth every step for one willing to try

He:
is rolling foothills; gently rising to meet the sun
robed in peaceful verdant forest, an easy trek
hidden valleys, cool breezes when the day is done

She:
is a flame; that drives away the chill, a small flickering fire
suddenly raging across a plain consuming any in it’s path
an inferno or a tea light whatever her heart’s desire

He:
is burning embers; smoldering, under gray and black
ready to flame into the darkness at the slightest breath
and rekindle flames to bring the warming fire back

They:
are elements; wind, water, earth, and fire
together in perfect balance… In Love

tlh 7/23/10

(Photo owned by artist)

Thanks Red

1. Oh, that is a fine piece of writing Tracy!

July 22, 2010 at 11:39 pm

• Thank you so very much, Cindy. Thanks for coming and reading…I truly appreciate your input and comment.

Tracy H

July 22, 2010 at 11:43 pm

2. This is a very beautiful poem.. Feels as if I read my own life.. πŸ™‚

July 23, 2010 at 12:19 am

3. wow,
    what a fun comparisons…
    very sharp and deep..
    πŸ˜‰

July 23, 2010 at 1:30 am

4. I loved the dichotomy between the male and female elements. It’s funny to me how so many other language have masculine and feminine versions of words, each with its own connotation. English loses something, I think by not having that.

I’m rambling, but I loved the poem and its visual and “sense”ual nature.

Regards…

July 23, 2010 at 9:56 am

• Thanks for reading, my friend, and for getting it…you seem to do that well, and that’s nice πŸ™‚

Tracy H

July 24, 2010 at 7:03 pm

If I were blind, your words would make see. I am amazed by how your poems so easily create such clear visions that allow the heart to feel what the mind sees…you are truly an artist of words.

July 23, 2010 at 1:08 pm

• Thank you for this comment…it makes me feel very good about doing these poems. When someone say’s “you’re an artist of words” to a poet he swells with pride…Thank you so much:)

Tracy H

July 24, 2010 at 6:48 pm

6. Pingback: DETERIORATION (Haiku) Perfect Poet Award Week 25 « Buttercup600's Blog

7. Cowboy, your poetry is as wonderful as you are…I love how you have woven the ultimate differences between the two…and bring them together in perfect harmony…..just brilliant!
    In love…Bliss!!…Red oxo

July 24, 2010 at 4:48 pm

• Thank you, Red, you always say the nicest things, and they mean a lot to me.
      The inspirations for this piece are very dear to my heart, which made the poem easy to conceive, but difficult to get just right…thank you for noticing.

Big Congrats to you on the Perfect Poet Award…I think you’ll win many more of those in the future.

Sincerely Yours,
      Cowboy

July 24, 2010 at 7:01 pm

8. This was a very cleverly done piece!
    The subtle/gentle and the mightier/stronger/more intense version of each of the elements, all in perfect sync with each other… one flowing into another and so on and so forth…
    A very beautiful tribute!

July 25, 2010 at 1:25 am

9. the image on top is very bright,
    apt words to go with it…
    amazing poetry,
    lovely painting in elements.

October 4, 2010 at 5:10 am

10. impressive and stylish- i enjoyed this so much!

October 4, 2010 at 5:40 am

11. Just beautiful..wow! And that’s it, lady.. what a write!

October 4, 2010 at 6:34 am

12. tekia

This is a wonderful piece. really like the last line. Bravo!

October 4, 2010 at 7:29 am

13. BRAVO!! You took my breath away as I was reading, superb job!

October 4, 2010 at 9:29 am

14. Thanks for linking this awesome poem with Potluck Tracy…perfect for our theme πŸ™‚ xx Happy reading πŸ™‚ xx

October 4, 2010 at 2:46 pm

15. Astute observations of human nature personified in the elements.
    Victoria

October 4, 2010 at 3:46 pm

16. this is truly a lovely piece, tracy! you left me speechless… one word: excellent!

October 6, 2010 at 7:18 am