July 27, 2010 “Safe” for One Shot Wednesday

“Safe”

She gave her heart to me.
The one she kept locked safe.
The heart few have seen
in the light of day,
in the dark of night,
hid out of sight…
she gave to me.

With a glance,
almost by chance, but divine,
she gave her heart.
Placed it with gentle care
into these shaking hands of mine;
a tear stained,
fear pained,
love drained
heart,
into these trembling hands of mine.

I wanted it
in my hands.
Her heart safe in my hands,
most precious to me,
means life to me.
I have but one heart…
hers.
For I gave her my heart;
the one I kept locked safe
out of sight,
daylight and night,
my tear stained,
fear pained,
love drained,
heart
into her gentle, trembling hands…
safe.

©tlh 7/27/2010

Linked @ One Shot Wednesday

1. THIS WAS SUPERB!!! I loved the manner in which you’ve used the repetitions… it’s just plain amazing! And has the desired effect.. the nervousness and butterflies-in-stomach feeling is so perfectly expressed in this poem… really, you’ve done beautifully here, Tracy !! Like, WOW!:)

July 27, 2010 at 12:24 am

2. Sshh! Are the detractors coming? Let them not hear this or they’ll strangulate it: this is superb.

I like how it plays out in my head. Seeing two fragile hearts exchanged in a delicate scene. Sure, sure emotive

July 27, 2010 at 2:13 am

3. Just a beautiful and gentle love poem….excellent verse…really enjoyed it.

July 27, 2010 at 6:34 am

4. what a heartwarming poem! to love and be loved in return- that’s God’s greatest gift! this post has touched my own heart.

thanks for the nice comment in my blog.

July 27, 2010 at 6:44 am

5. A very beautiful poem Tracy..!! I should say, your poem took me on this crazy ride and brought wonderful images to my mind!!

July 27, 2010 at 7:00 am

6. I really enjoyed this. I think you truly illuminated how, in love, you must expose the parts of yourself no one else gets to see in order for that relationship to be special.

Regards …

Jhannet

July 27, 2010 at 10:46 am

7. Wow…two delicate hearts…together as one. A very special poem with so much meaning. To be loved by someone so special, put into these most romantic words ever…She is indeed a very lucky Lady!! Awesome Cowboy ~ Red x

July 27, 2010 at 11:00 am

8. I came here by way of Mairmusic and was stopped in heart by your exquisite love poem. What tender imagery you offer. What lucky lovers to have found hearts so beautiful and sure to share.

July 27, 2010 at 7:09 pm

9. Chloe

This is such a beautiful poem. I especially love the following words as they describe so many people looking for love!

“a tear stained,
    fear pained,
    love drained
    heart”

There is such weight, sadness and truth in those words!

I look forward to reading more! Chloe 😀

July 27, 2010 at 11:59 pm

Such romantic words *sigh*…boy could Hallmark really use you in their office! I can’t wait to see what you will come up with for Valentines Day! Well written as always..thanks for sharing.

July 28, 2010 at 12:03 am

11. Oh yes, very nice. Terribly romantic, carefully awkward and unspeakably true. This is me and my wife to a tee. 🙂

July 28, 2010 at 4:40 am

12. “my tear stained, / fear pained, / love drained,”like how that part repeats in this grateful love poem. Enjoyed it, Tracy.

July 28, 2010 at 5:33 am

13. soulintention: signed .............bkm

Tracy lovely piece of a relationship built on trust….safe within each others hands…that is a beautiful relationship….blessings..bkm

July 28, 2010 at 7:23 am

14. So romantic, Tracy. It speaks to the power of love and trust. There was something about the cadence (or maybe “rhythm” would be a better word) that reminded me a lot of The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes. I like it a lot.

July 28, 2010 at 1:22 pm

15. moondustwriter

Tracy – I love this love filled poem. The story of two pained hearts that discover love again – hmmmmm so hopeful and rich

So glad you posted this with One Shot Wednesday

I’m really glad I finally “met” you; how I have missed your poetry who knows

Smiles from the Moon

July 28, 2010 at 3:27 pm

16. Janessa

All I can do is smile when I read this…. You’re amazing and this poem is beautiful…..literally brought tears to my eyes. Your words make me feel….what greater gift is there than to be able to evoke emotion with something as simple as pen to paper. Bravo!

July 28, 2010 at 4:41 pm

17. joanny

Endearing quality and your words have a soften overtone to them, that gives a greater weight and balance in the gentle art of wordsmithing. This poem has a nice clarity and style to it.

Joanny

July 28, 2010 at 8:42 pm

18. Hi, I have been away for a week and am busy catching up on all the excellent poems posted at One Shot..and this was!! Thanks for sharing cheers Pete

August 1, 2010 at 2:00 pm