August 4, 2010 “Tears” One Shot Wednesday

“Tears”

(A Tanka)

pure silver droplets
glistening on her soft cheek
from her misty eye
taste salty to kissing lips
joy or sadness taste the same

©tlh   8/4/2010

(Photo courtesy of artist)

Thanks, Red

For One Shot Wednesday

1. The sorrow which has no vent in tears may make other organs weep. Henry Maudsley

August 4, 2010 at 1:15 am

2. Argentine said…”The one who loves you will make you weep.”…joy and sadness at the same time! Your voice reading this…instills peace…a calmness.. beyond belief. Awesome Cowboy…Red ~ xx

August 4, 2010 at 1:47 am

3. ..joy or sadness taste the same…but they feel different..love this one!

August 4, 2010 at 1:59 am

4. love that last line tracy…they may taste the same but if your kisses go a bit deeper…excellent write…thanks for linking in to oneshot!

August 4, 2010 at 2:29 am

5. this was beautiful. Joy and sadness do taste the same, but the feeling does not:)

August 4, 2010 at 4:30 am

6. Hey Tracy. Excellent poem to accompany the image…. last line is extremely profound, hinting at ambivalence yet evoking emotion.

August 4, 2010 at 4:59 am

7. You’ve captured the essence of tears beautifully. The picture added to the mood as well.

Well done.

August 4, 2010 at 7:04 am

8. loved the picture, and the words did it justice. interesting p.o.v. on the last line.

smiles,

August 4, 2010 at 7:22 am

9. This is an idea beautifully contained with such a small number of words.

August 4, 2010 at 10:04 am

10. I wish there was a way to tell happy tears from sad ones… But then, the rest of the face does indeed say that!

A lovely poem..
    I really need to familiarize myself with the different forms of poetry .. at least for the sake of knowledge!
    Off to check what a Tanka is…

August 4, 2010 at 11:34 am

11. soulintention: signed .............bkm

Tracy that line – love and sadness taste the same….wonderful image in there…..bravo..bkm

August 4, 2010 at 12:32 pm

12. mairmusic

Yes, they do! And the emotions weave through each other holding some of each. A little gem, my friend!

August 4, 2010 at 3:04 pm

13. Sweet and true…when it comes to tears, joy and sadness taste the same to the kissing lips…tight one, friend.

Stay blessed my friend…cheers.

August 4, 2010 at 4:47 pm

14. Joy and sadness do taste the same, don’t they? Yeah, I never thought about it that way before… which makes this a successful poem in my book. 🙂

August 4, 2010 at 5:14 pm

15. Short but powerfully romantic. Great poem. Thank you for sharing.

August 4, 2010 at 5:52 pm

16. moondustwriter

never thought about tears tasting the same. do they????

I’m thinking your tears and my tears have gotten blogdom wet today

moon smiles

thanks for dropping a tear by One Shot

August 4, 2010 at 6:14 pm

17. You know, I’ve often felt that tears of joy didn’t feel much better than tears of sorrow at the actual moment of their creation. It follows that they’d taste the same.

I love your tanka. Tanka is a new one to me. I’ve learned so much from all my talented bloggy friends!

August 5, 2010 at 4:51 am

18. Simply wonderful tanka. Great job!

August 6, 2010 at 9:41 am