August 5, 2010 “Just for Fun”

“Laughing Buddha”

He stands among my books
with that smile on his face
up there on the shelf
without considering self,
Fat Buddha.

For nigh two score years
he’s been grinning there
his palms to the sun
the enlightened one,
Hotei.

We’ve never spoken, not one word
but through thick and thin
he was there with me
seeking bodhi,
Bodhisattva.

I forget him sometimes
and he just smiles
as if he’s looking at heaven
and he’s one of the seven,
Laughing Buddha.

©tlh   8/5/2010

For more Buddha inspired poems please visit my wonderful poet  friends,

Patti, and Jamie,

you’ll be very glad you did 🙂

1. Love this 🙂

August 4, 2010 at 11:34 pm

• Thanks Cindy…it was fun to write as the little fat fellow watched 🙂

August 5, 2010 at 1:39 am

2. This had an unusual cheer and spirit in it!
    I really enjoyed reading this poem!!

My laughing Buddha too sits at home, through thick and thin, facing the main door.. one look at him ALWAYS makes me smile too (no matter what).. he does indeed have a magical way about him..

Thanks for sharing this lovely piece..

August 4, 2010 at 11:54 pm

• Thanks much, Kavita 🙂 My Buddha has been with me since I was about 10 years old…always smiling at me 🙂

Tracy H

August 5, 2010 at 1:48 am

3. Lol, it makes me smiling when seeing Laughing Buddha picture!
    And one word to say about ur poem: wonderful!

I will drop ur blog as my favourite.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Keep it going!

August 5, 2010 at 12:39 am

• Thank you so much for your visit and for the kind comments…it makes me feel like the Laughing Buddha when others enjoy my work 🙂

Tracy H

August 6, 2010 at 8:40 pm

4. This was great! I can just see him fat and happy sitting among your books.

Peace and blessings upon you…

August 5, 2010 at 7:14 am

• Thank you, my good friend, for your time and comments…I smile:)

Peace and good fortune to you…

Tracy H

August 6, 2010 at 8:41 pm

5. What a generous friend every ready with a smile. Enjoyed the poem tribute. Thanks for post.

August 5, 2010 at 9:10 pm

• Thank you for visiting my little world, I’m very happy you enjoyed your stay.

Tracy H

August 6, 2010 at 8:42 pm

6. Fun indeed, my friend. And you have inspired me. Take a look:

THE Dalai Lama

August 6, 2010 at 8:24 am

• I LOVED your piece on the Dalai Lama, Patti 🙂
      Thanks so very much for the link and the mention, you and Jamie have made my day 🙂

Tracy H

August 6, 2010 at 8:46 pm

7. What a delight. Such fun . . . Thank you for this. Suspect there’s an eight buddha: Tracy Harris . . . poet Bodhisattva . . . poem on . . .

Check out the Korean Buddha posted today:

August 6, 2010 at 9:40 am

• Jamie, you should see me at the beach sitting crossed-legged in the sand…you would swear you saw Budai in the flesh 🙂 Thank you so much for your time, comments, and the mention at your blog, you and Patti made my day…Smiles!!!

Tracy H

August 6, 2010 at 8:52 pm

• Thanks for the linking, Tracy! . . . Little Buddha tummies are just fine … means you know how to enjoy the good things in life . . .

August 7, 2010 at 5:31 am

8. Pingback: PARADOXICAL TIME « MUSING BY MOONLIGHT

🙂

August 6, 2010 at 11:24 am

• Thanks, Cindy 🙂 It’s always nice to see your smiling face around here…what’s cooking? 😉

Tracy H

August 6, 2010 at 8:54 pm

10. what a tease,
    Glad to see you shine in a comedy stage…
    🙂
    way to go!

August 6, 2010 at 2:53 pm

• Thank you, Jingle, you are so kind to come and give your time to my work:) You know what I think…..YOU ROCK!! 🙂

Tracy H

August 6, 2010 at 8:57 pm

11. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/08/06/family-fridays-posts-in-blogs-form-a-show-celebrating-dorazs-2-years-blogging-fun/

do you know Doraz?
    she post jokes 90% of the time,
    please help her feel better by paying a visit…

thanks in advance!

August 6, 2010 at 2:53 pm

12. soulintention: signed .............bkm

Wonderful Tracy….love a happy Buddha…i just love happiness…smiles…bkm

August 9, 2010 at 2:15 pm

13. I so love this poem – and your laughing Buddha. Both are wonderful………”seeking Bodhisattva”! Lovely.

October 14, 2010 at 8:22 am

14. Hi, Tracy!

It’s still one of my favorites.

Assume you are taking a day off. Hope you enjoy yourself. Imagine you are catching up on sleep. You were up really, really late with your JP post, which is beatiuful. Thank you.

I’m so sorry for holding you up on that. Surely you really are our very own Bodhisattva, Tracy. You are such a gracious gentleman.

Today I actually went out and bought a calendar, the first one since “retiring.” If you knew how absentminded I am (always dreaming), you would know how scary it is that I’ve been doing without one for over two years. My family and friends are breathing sighs of relief. Now I just have to remember to use it.

Poem on …