August 16, 2010 “everything”

I’m proud to have been awarded the

Perfect Poet Award

I posted this earlier, but I didn’t do it correctly

so now I post it again to get it right.

Thanks to Jingle

and to the ones who nominated me.

In turn, I nominate

DiamondsAndDogs

for some of the purest poetry out there.

“everything”

all she needs is a touch
your hand on the small of her back
as she goes through a door
really nothing more

all she wants is a glance
when she looks over her shoulder
to know you’re watching her walk away
just your eyes every day

all she needs is a hug
to feel those strong arms of yours
wrapped around her gentle and tight
just like that and she’s alright

all she wants is kisses
little butterfly wing brushes
across her cheeks and on her lips
not the full glass…just sips

all she needs is a word
to hear kindness in the sound of your voice
whispers in her ear saying, I Love You
it only takes a few

all she needs, nothing more
to know you truly Love her
to know in her heart that you are hers
but give her what she deserves

EVERYTHING

©tlh   8/16/2010

1. Where do I find the ‘like’ button Tracy?

August 15, 2010 at 8:37 pm

• Right above your smiling face 🙂 Thanks, Cindy 🙂

August 15, 2010 at 9:04 pm

2. Your love fills her heart with emotion
    Sparks a passion that sets her free
    Sends her soul in a frenzy of motion
    You bring out the best in her.

EVERYTHING!!!

Words full of emotion and love…you have spoken from the heart with passion and your voice adds to it so much. Thanks for another wonderful poem ~ Red x

August 15, 2010 at 8:59 pm

• Well, Red…that’s the best comment I have ever received! 🙂 I can hardly see to type for smiling. You have touched my heart with these kind words. You are cherished in this Hillbilly Poet’s heart. Thank You 🙂

August 15, 2010 at 9:29 pm

3. A very well-deserved award, Tracy, and such a lovely poem.. that’s actually all the thing a woman could ever wanted, you wrote it so beautifully 🙂

Oh and I have an award for you
    Have a good day now 🙂

August 15, 2010 at 10:48 pm

• Thank you, My Dear…for the very kind comment, and for the stunning flower award…it will be in my Academy of Awards. And yes, it’s the little things that make all the difference.

August 15, 2010 at 11:27 pm

4. Beautifully written, evocatively expressed!

I would like to share this award with you:

🙂

August 16, 2010 at 3:41 am

• Re: h0ll0wd0ll:

you are supposed to post the award in your own blog, then list names of friends to pass on…

August 16, 2010 at 6:49 am

• Thank you very much for your time and comment. I’m glad you came for another visit 🙂 Thanks for the gift too 🙂

August 16, 2010 at 9:26 pm

5. Congratulations, Tracy! Well deserved and what a wonderful poem … and clearly you are a wise gentleman … Happy Monday! Have a great week.

August 16, 2010 at 3:42 am

• This is what I want to always strive for in my relationship…the everyday, small things that add up to everything 🙂 Thank you, Jamie.

August 16, 2010 at 9:22 pm

6. All you need is love, which is exactly what your poem says to me. Love means you’ll face anything together, no matter how tough things get. You write about love rightly, if I can put that in so odd a way!

Oh, and congrats again on the award, Tracy. I think it’s very much deserved. 🙂

August 16, 2010 at 3:58 am

• Thank you, Tony. I’m very glad that you visit my blog, and even more so that you read and make such nice comments. I’m very pleased to write love rightly…Thank You 🙂

August 16, 2010 at 9:13 pm

7. all she needs is a word
    to hear kindness in the sound of your voice
    whispers in her ear saying, I Love You
    it only takes a few…

very gentle and soft words here…
    if every man loves her woman like this, then the world would be a perfect place…

thanks for the nomination and acceptance ..
    outstanding post.

August 16, 2010 at 6:47 am

• Thank you so much for these kind words, Jingle. I’m very pleased that you visit me, and your comments are so kind. Thanks! Y R !

August 16, 2010 at 9:10 pm

8. I love this poem, Tracy. I have a feeling that this is not what you were thinking of when you wrote this wonderful piece, but the image in my mind is of a child, heading off to school and to the person she will become. How important everything you talked about is to her ability to develop into a strong confident person.

August 16, 2010 at 7:59 am

• You know, Patti, I didn’t think of it that way, but now I’m thinking of my daughter, and how I always tried to do these kinds of things for her over the years. I was very aware of the importance of the simple, everyday things a father must do to assure his daughter grows up with self-assurance and self-worth. Thank you for reminding me of that 🙂

August 16, 2010 at 9:08 pm

9. Such a lovely poem that captures the small things one does that means so much in a relationship.

August 16, 2010 at 8:30 am

• Thank you, My Friend, for visiting and commenting…it is truly appreciated.

August 16, 2010 at 9:02 pm

10. Touching and revealing..enjoyed it very much. Audio was a nice touch.

JP

August 16, 2010 at 5:04 pm

• Thank you for coming by, and for your time and comment 🙂 I hope you will visit again. Cheers!

August 16, 2010 at 8:29 pm

11. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/08/17/the-perfect-poet-award-acceptance-poem-plus/

I nominated you the perfect poet award for week 27…
    cheers!
    🙂

August 16, 2010 at 5:43 pm

• I’m very proud to be nominated by Jingle. Really proud 🙂 Thank you Jingle…for everything.
      YOU ROCK 🙂

August 16, 2010 at 8:26 pm

You have given generously with your words and gifted us with another of your fine poems.
    Congratulations on your award, it is well deserved!

August 16, 2010 at 6:40 pm

• Thanks so much, Cindy 🙂 I’m very glad you liked the poem, and thanks for supporting me through all your visits and wonderful comments 🙂

August 16, 2010 at 8:12 pm

13. small things really do mean everything. congrats on the award!

August 17, 2010 at 12:08 pm

• Thanks for your visit, and for the comment. I’m glad to see you back 🙂

August 17, 2010 at 10:00 pm

14. Wonderfully written. Each visit to your page is lovely and refreshing. Thank you for the nomination, I’m humbled.

August 21, 2010 at 3:26 pm

• Thank you, Jhannet, I’m very happy you are enjoying you visits here, I’m always eager to know what you think of my work. The nomination was a pleasure…you certainly deserve it. 🙂

August 21, 2010 at 4:20 pm