August 18, 2010 ***”southern comfort”*** One Shot Wednesday

For One Shot Wednesday

“southern comfort”

the yellow moon hung in a milky mist
among the blossoms of an ancient magnolia tree
the sultry night dripped over our verdant bed
like the drops of sweat between my lover and me

the still air was thick and fragrant with magnolia and pine
as we blissfully lay beneath those hazy southern skies
on the naked ground of our heated passions
in silence broken only by my Love’s sated sighs

Β©tlhΒ Β  8/18/2010

(Image courtesy of artist)

Thanks, Red

1. And the path to dreams is in the Milky Way…I’ll kiss the light…and then you. I read that somewhere and your poem reminded me of that πŸ™‚ You called it “Southern Comfort”…Is that how they do it in the South Cowboy? Loved it ~ Hugs x

August 17, 2010 at 11:43 pm

• Yes Ma’am…at least it’s the way this Southern Gentleman does it…I do my utmost for my Southern Belle with pleasure πŸ™‚ I’m quite pleased you liked my little poem, Red.
      Your Southern Cowboy

August 18, 2010 at 12:05 am

2. lol @ buttercup …
    With my luck, I’d just end up with thorns in my bum!

August 17, 2010 at 11:59 pm

3. nice write tracy…excellent descriptors…got a few of these memories…smiles. thanks for linking up to one shot again…

August 18, 2010 at 2:07 am

4. claudia

ah tracy – that was very nice – yellow moon – magnolia trees – pulsating passion…

August 18, 2010 at 2:52 am

5. Exquisite………

August 18, 2010 at 5:24 am

6. What a wonderful poem. I just love the words you use-so very descriptive.

Mine is here. http://razzamadazzle.wordpress.com/2010/08/17/one-shot-wednesday/

August 18, 2010 at 6:02 am

7. You express a vivid scene and feeling of being down south in few words, even accurate smells. Excellent Tracy!

August 18, 2010 at 8:01 am

8. Ooohh.. this one reminded me of the night we had camped out on the beach(YES, ON the beach) – Mustang Island, Texas… It was a full moon night too… wowww… memories, lovely memories!
    Ofcourse we had all woken up with sand in our mouths and every single single orifice on our bodies! Phhheeww πŸ™‚
    A beautiful poem of romance and passionate love, T.. nice nice.. me likes! πŸ™‚

And Cindy, you are just tooo much! hehehe.. πŸ˜‰

August 18, 2010 at 10:06 am

9. peaceful and fun place to be or nearby…
    beautiful poetry.
    πŸ˜‰

August 18, 2010 at 10:09 am

10. This is one awesome poem Tracy H..!! Vivid imagery and heated passion.. πŸ˜‰ Loved it..!! Beautiful!!

August 18, 2010 at 10:35 am

11. that flowed as smooth as the southern comfort being poured in my glass…very well crafted my friend..thanks for sharing pete

August 18, 2010 at 1:35 pm

12. joanny

An enchanting warmth of feeling. —
    comfort, sensual passionate, deep and fully engaged the reader.
    You drew us in right from the start, pulling out all stops and using all our senses , with that sensual full moon on the water, smell of pine and magnolia , oh my…. Mr T. from a woman’s point of view it doesn’t get more romantic then this.

Cheers,
    Joanny.

Red you are a mighty lucky lady.

August 18, 2010 at 1:43 pm

13. Okay first…I loved your poem…thought is was very beautiful….but I have tears in my eyes (of laughter) in response to Cindy’s comment…she really is The Original Cin. πŸ™‚

August 18, 2010 at 2:59 pm

• Charles, when I read her comment, I nearly fell over with laughter…and true, there’s only ONE Cin!! πŸ™‚

August 18, 2010 at 3:31 pm

14. Phew! Is it hot in here? πŸ˜›

August 18, 2010 at 4:50 pm

15. soulintention: signed .............bkm

this is a lovely and romantic read Tracy…love the whole setting and mood of the piece beneath a southern sky….nice..bkm

August 18, 2010 at 6:59 pm

16. Moist and magnificent. Steamy.

August 19, 2010 at 5:46 am

17. So passionate. Do they serve Southern Comfort hot and buttered? That’s what I pictured.

August 19, 2010 at 10:21 am

18. you paint a beautiful picture with your words… I love the zoom effect we get while reading, moving ever closer from sky to drop of sweat upon skin… well done!

August 19, 2010 at 10:26 pm

19. Chloe

Amazing imagery – wow, you have such a great way with words! Chloe xx

August 22, 2010 at 9:05 am

• πŸ™‚ Thank you, Chloe, for your time and kind comment.

August 22, 2010 at 10:16 am