August 20, 2010 “A quote by Thoreau”

” I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.  I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practice resignation, unless it was quite necessary.  I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartanlike as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be mean, why then to get the whole and genuine meanness of it, and publish its meanness to the world; or if it were sublime, to know it by experience, and to be able to give a true account of it in my next excursion.”

Sometimes being in Love is like going into these woods, to experience love…simply replace life/live with love.

Just Say’n

1. Love this quote, Tracy. Yes, I think you’re right in that this can hold equally true for love. Go into it wholedheartedly with desire to see what can be seen. Nice find. 🙂

August 19, 2010 at 7:52 pm

• Indeed, Tony…jump in with both feet and Love!
      Thanks for visiting:)

August 20, 2010 at 2:21 am

2. Yes, lose yourself in the wilderness that is love? It can be risky…

August 19, 2010 at 8:42 pm

• What a huge risk! Oh, but the payoff is the stuff of dreams and eternity 🙂

August 20, 2010 at 2:23 am

3. I get this…well stated ….xx

August 20, 2010 at 12:09 am

• 🙂 Thanks, Red 🙂 I have this quote hanging on my fridge…to remind me to live and love with my whole heart.

August 20, 2010 at 2:25 am

4. The quote is excellent! Thanks for sharing it with us, Tracy.. and the replacement of live/life with love worked perfectly well too!! Good thinking, T…
    very clever..
    You are are a romantic, aren’t you?! 🙂 It’s nice to be one… same pinch! 🙂

August 20, 2010 at 12:30 am

5. I am indeed a romantic…to the core, as are you I know. Love on, and write it well! 🙂

August 20, 2010 at 2:28 am

6. Janessa

ah….my boy…you are indeed my kindred spirit. Made me want to jump up and yell YAWP! 🙂 my people are looking forward to contacting yours .

August 20, 2010 at 11:34 am

• Thanks, J ….I recall you are also a fan of this quote 🙂 Glad to see you back…YAWP!

August 21, 2010 at 8:38 am

7. I used to live near Walden Pond. There was no better salve for a troubled mind (or heart, or soul)than to go there and walk the path that goes 1.7 miles around the pond. It is one of those places — you know? — where history and the spirit of those who came before still dwell. And in the case of Walden Pond, what a history, what a spirit!

August 21, 2010 at 5:45 am

• How blessed you are, Patti, to have had that opportunity. I do know about places like that; it’s always nice to have a retreat where one can commune with the past in the present for the future. Thank you for sharing with me 🙂

August 21, 2010 at 8:33 am