August 24, 2010 “falling”

“falling”

green slowly fading
golden glow brushing blue sky
summer sun shying

chill grips the gloaming
Pegasus silently glides
yellow moon shining

red leaves paint the ground
cool breeze in the heat of day
changing of seasons

©tlh   8/24/2010

(Image courtesy of syrenity @ photobucket)

1. Oh Tracy, I have seen so many pictures that you have taken over time of how beautiful fall is there…one day you can show me…and I know just how much you love it. Your words made me feel as if I was in the moment!!! Awesome Cowboy….enjoy your fall:) 🙂 ~ Red x

August 23, 2010 at 11:24 pm

• Red, nothing would make me happier than to give you a tour of these mountains in the fall…it can be breathtakingly beautiful with so many colors and hues. I promise you’ll love it. Thank you for your time and kind comment. 🙂 Cowboy

August 24, 2010 at 12:44 am

2. That is exquisite Tracy.

August 23, 2010 at 11:41 pm

• Thank you very much, Cindy! I’m so flattered by this comment…Wow 🙂

August 24, 2010 at 12:34 am

3. The reds and browns haven’t yet made their way here… and I am soooooo eager to see it all! After 5 years in Dallas-Texas, this will be my first Autumn (didn’t feel like saying ‘my first fall’ :)) here in NYC..
    And now Tracy, your lovely post with the fiery image has made me all the more keen! 🙂
    When will these grand greens turns to raging reds?!

I started seeing things already!! Lovely post, T…
    And boy oh boy!!! Photobucket has SOME collection of images! phheewww

August 24, 2010 at 12:43 am

• The truth is, the colors aren’t here yet either…I saw some leaves on the ground and the air was a bit cooler today, so I was inspired to think of fall. I love this time of year, it can be so beautiful. You should see The Great Smokey Mountains in their fall attire…stunning! I hope to get plenty of photos over the next month or so to share with everyone…we’ll see 🙂 Thanks, K, for all your kindnesses.

August 24, 2010 at 12:55 am

4. Such a lovely depiction of autumn. I had to read it twice, autumn is my favorite season.

Regards…

August 24, 2010 at 6:48 am

• Thank you, Jhannet; Fall is my favorite time of year. I’m pleased you stopped by 🙂

August 25, 2010 at 2:41 am

5. Since I live in sunny California our changing of the seasons are quite different from when I was a child in the midwest…your poem brought back fond memories of those days.

August 24, 2010 at 11:22 am

• Thank you, My Friend; I’m very glad to provide a link to fond memories any time.

August 25, 2010 at 2:43 am

Though I love the heat, as an October baby autumn is a very soul stirring time for me. Like a feather floating down from the sky your skillful words are gently leading us into fall. I like this and your photo very much! 😉

August 24, 2010 at 3:34 pm

• Thank you, Cindy. The day was slightly cooler and I spotted a few leaves on the ground; that got me thinking…Fall 🙂 I’m very glad you enjoyed your visit.

August 25, 2010 at 2:46 am

7. For you, I hope you don’t mind http://randomthoughtsandmusings.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/loves-locked-door/

August 24, 2010 at 4:05 pm

8. the image takes my breath away..

🙂

divine piece!

August 25, 2010 at 6:02 pm

• 🙂 Thank you, Jingle. I have an outstanding friend who helps me with the images 🙂

August 25, 2010 at 11:22 pm

9. Hello, How are you?
    You are invited to attend Thursday Poets Rally

Thanks for the attention!
    Happy Thursday!
    😉

August 25, 2010 at 6:02 pm

10. What a beautiful poem of fall, and all its majesty. I love the image of Pegasus gliding. Great picture too.

August 26, 2010 at 8:46 am

11. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/08/27/friendship-means-a-world-2-me/
    pick three awards from my post,
    pass them to 1 to 10 blogging friends with whom you believe that they deserve them.
    have fun!
    Take good care.

August 27, 2010 at 3:22 pm

12. Lovely photo … and the poem makes me yearn for fall … we are in the middle of a hot spell here – south of San Francisco. Yuk! … We are spoiled by our normally mild weather.

I love “golden glow brushing the blue sky.”

August 27, 2010 at 9:34 pm