August 25, 2010 “beautiful agony”

“beautiful agony”

with a word she kills me
with a look she heals me
tortures and thrills me
she can open me
peer into my soul
turn my beating heart
into a burning coal
without thinking twice
turn instantly to ice
and freeze me
then softly whispering
how badly she needs me
how she wants to please me
she turns away and leaves me
looking over her shoulder
as the room is growing colder
she winks and says
I Love You
with all my heart
I Love You
through the closing door
on my knees upon the floor
I’m helpless
in this beautiful agony
I believe her

©tlh 8/25/2010

(Image courtesy of artist)
Thanks, Red

For One Shot Wednesday

1. Of course you believe her, and so you should 🙂

August 25, 2010 at 12:42 am

• Trust me, Cindy; I believe her, I’m left with no other choice, but to. Thank you for your visits, and the gift of your time and comments; they truly mean a lot to me for various reasons.

August 25, 2010 at 2:38 am

2. Simply amazing 🙂 believing and trust take a huge step =P Thank for sharing^^

August 25, 2010 at 12:51 am

• Thank you for visiting my little world, and for the kind comments 🙂

August 25, 2010 at 2:33 am

3. OFCOURSE you believe her!!! Cuz that’s you, my favorite romantic!!!
    But I’d believe her too (in my case, “him”)… no prizes for guessing why 🙂

My heart skipped a few beats while reading this.. it was as if you saw what happens around here, and wrote just that.. heheh

Thank you, Tracy..

August 25, 2010 at 1:24 am

• Thanks, Kavita; I am indeed a hopeless, helpless romantic. For the first time in my life I have laid my entire soul upon the threshing floor of love to see if it be wheat of chaff…I better believe! 🙂
      I’m very glad you like the poem 🙂

August 25, 2010 at 2:32 am

4. “Beautiful Agony” The title summarizes the lines as a whole very well. Powerful, inspired… impressed by how you bare your soul in this one. cheers, Tracy

August 25, 2010 at 5:15 am

• Thank you, Adam; I take particular note of your comments.

August 25, 2010 at 10:11 pm

5. beautiful agony indeed…how twisted love can become…like quicksand…though we know we will drown we are torn wether to accept it…brilliant one shot tracy!

August 25, 2010 at 6:30 am

• Brian, as always, your comments are much appreciated and heeded. Thank You.

August 25, 2010 at 10:13 pm

6. It’s a beautiful thing to have love that is all encompassing.

August 25, 2010 at 7:36 am

• Thank you for your time, and for your kind comment. I hope to see you here again.

August 25, 2010 at 10:14 pm

7. soulintention: signed .............bkm

the agony of loving…nicely written..you can feel the tugging at the heart, the ups and downs…love, that fleeting, needy love…bkm

August 25, 2010 at 9:21 am

• Thanks much, My Friend 🙂 Isn’t all of that part of what makes Love so wonderful in the end? 🙂

August 25, 2010 at 10:17 pm

8. Nice capture of the agony and ecstacy.

(We know who wears the pants in that relationship!)

August 25, 2010 at 10:01 am

9. Oh as Adam noted the title really hits the mark in describing the lines of the poem…well said my friend…well said!

August 25, 2010 at 11:42 am

• Thank you, Sir…I’m very glad you like it.

August 25, 2010 at 10:19 pm

10. claudia

your poem expresses a feeling of being at someone’s mercy and the hope and agony and uncertainty that goes with it – and with all your heart wanna believe her
    beautiful write

August 25, 2010 at 12:26 pm

• Indeed, Claudia; I’m at her mercy, but not uncertain. She holds the key to my heart, and even though circumstances may interfere, and moments may overwhelm; I know my heart is safe in her hands…I gotta believe 🙂
      Thank you, My Friend, for your time and kind comment.

August 25, 2010 at 10:26 pm

11. OMG..this was soooo beautiful!! true..daring..loving..sweet surrender and powerful,needy..greeady for love..AMAZING one shot 🙂

August 25, 2010 at 12:33 pm

• Bingo!!! Thank you for getting it 🙂 it’s a Beautiful agony we lovers suffer…absolutely needy, greedy for her love. Or should I be cavalier? Nay!

Please come back sometime 🙂

August 25, 2010 at 10:31 pm

12. Lovely poem. You’ve captured exactly what I was so afraid of all my life, the influence another person has over you when you love them.

Well done…

August 25, 2010 at 1:19 pm

• I still have that same fear…but I believe my love for her is bigger than my fear. Thank you for your kindness, and for your comments; they are much appreciated. 🙂

August 25, 2010 at 10:39 pm

13. Wow. This just burns with love. Absolutely wonderful. (You should be running seminars, like “How to Write Love Poetry and Turn Her into Absolute Mush” or something. OK, so maybe it needs work….)

August 25, 2010 at 2:25 pm

• Patti…Thank You! You get it!
      It’s about the LOVE, not the pain; the pain is always going to be a possibility. We are, after all, human beings, a man and a woman; we will inevitably hurt each other, but the confidence and belief in that mutual Love will always assuage the hurt if we allow it. This is not a sad poem for me…it’s meant to be a Triumph of Love. If I Love with ALL my heart, the tender parts of it will be exposed, and probably hurt, but she Loves me, and Love is the best thing for a hurting heart. Love can make it a Beautiful agony.

August 25, 2010 at 11:01 pm

14. Oh the games people play. She knows your buttons and so it goes. What an interesting set of reads today…so many men posting love poems. Fairly rare I think. Usually think of the romantics as women. Much yet to still learn, I think. Enjoyed this a lot. Musical, and involving. Excellent work.

August 25, 2010 at 2:35 pm

• I thank you for the visit, and for the kind comment. Men need to learn to write better romance poetry…I’m trying 🙂

August 25, 2010 at 11:03 pm

15. magical feeling,
    very well expressed…

you never fail to impress others.
    Way to go!
    🙂

August 25, 2010 at 3:48 pm

• Thank you, Jingle 🙂 I’m very glad you liked it.

August 25, 2010 at 11:05 pm

16. Very deep words coming from a deep place Cowboy…I sense such sadness in this…very very sad. Great poem as only you can ~ Red

August 25, 2010 at 4:59 pm

• Thank you, Red, my intention was, indeed, to show sadness and pain, but in showing that I wanted the reader to realize that Love goes beyond the pain and sadness that inevitably comes when two people Love each other. He knows she truly Loves him…I believe her; in that Love the pain is assuaged and Love makes it a Beautiful agony. I believe Love is a powerful thing if we allow it to be. Just between you and me…I think I’ve failed with this poem; I missed my mark.

August 25, 2010 at 11:21 pm

17. Love is beautiful and agonizing isnt it???

The picture is amazing
    The words held me – waiting, wondering

thanks for sharing with One Shot

Moon smiles

August 25, 2010 at 8:17 pm

• Thanks much for your time along with your comments, and for understanding the piece 🙂

August 25, 2010 at 11:25 pm

18. Yes, my wife has this kind of power over me for sure. Fortunately she (mostly) uses it for good! 😉

August 25, 2010 at 9:39 pm

• Thank you, Tony…we always hope they use it for good don’t we?

August 25, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Where would we be with out fire? We are mesmerized by its flame, drawn by the heat, repelled by its burn, but we can’t turn away.
    Powerful words you have written today!

August 25, 2010 at 10:23 pm

• It’s a cold world out there, and this flame feels to damned good to turn away from 🙂 Thank you for your comment, My Friend 🙂

August 25, 2010 at 10:42 pm

20. hi tracy..late doing the rounds but enjoying the reading..this was a great poem…the agony and ecstasy of love..always a rollercoaster but would be lost without it..great stuff as always..pete

August 26, 2010 at 12:28 pm

21. just finished watching legend of the seeker and all I can think is Mord Sith! 🙂 lol. great poem though!

August 26, 2010 at 10:37 pm

22. Janessa

I believe….this is my favorite thing you’ve written! I felt as though I was watching this play out instead of reading it. It moved and progressed and I found myself hooked and drawn in and moving right along with you. Agony is rough….but a life without passion….well my friend, I think there is nothing worse. Dare to be happy!

August 27, 2010 at 2:26 pm

23. Great One Shot, Tracy! And, by the way, you and Amanda make a great artistic team …

Such a hopeful romantic, you can’t help but believe in her. That’s a good thing…

August 27, 2010 at 9:31 pm