August 26, 2010 “Fear” Thursday Poets Rally

Thanks, to all who nominated me for this award. I display it with pride πŸ™‚

Jingle….YOU ROCK!

In accepting this award, I’m asked to nominate another poet.

My nomination for this go round is… (insert drum roll track here)…..

Neva Flores

The following piece is for my earthbound angel.Β  I know, I’m mushy, and sappy; I write about LOVE and the pains that go along with it sometimes, but it’s what (according to some of you) I do very well.Β  So, here is another Love poem from my Gloriously Tormented, Happily Sad Heart πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Fear
of losing my words
of losing my rhyme
grips me
my pen quivers in my fingers
my mind races and stops dead
lost in a misty mΓ©lange
I struggle
I strive
against some demon
unseen and unknown
I cannot find myself
I do not know where I am
my past buffets me from all sides
my future mocks me
my now is a mystery
where are my words
why can’t I speak
I call out with all of my strength
I scream until I’m breathless
a cacophony of silence
crashes in my ears
the darkness swallows me
wrapped in a black shroud of nothingness….

I hear a voice in the dark distance
whispering my name…
am I dead or alive?
my eyes slowly open to pale light
I see the face of an angel…
I rest in the arms of an angel…
I look into the gray eyes of an angel…
I hear the voice of an angel…
“Baby…I’m here”
and that is why…
I Will Love Her Forever.

Β©tlhΒ Β  8/26/2010

(Image courtesy of artist)

Thanks, Red

1. I love, love, love this poem. The past few days I have been struggling with words which in twenty three years I have never done. It sends the exact feelings that you express here into me and I start to quiver. Great work. e Inspired Today! Love and Light, Sender

August 26, 2010 at 5:05 am

2. What an incredibly awesome poem Tracy πŸ™‚

August 26, 2010 at 5:12 am

3. I think this poetess has a fantastic way with words. She writes like a seasoned pro but her experience with poetry says she has only recently engaged in writing poetry. That being true she has an awesome future writing
    in this challenging realm.

August 26, 2010 at 5:52 am

• Thank you so much for these words of encouragement…I hope to one day be a really good, maybe even great poet. Cheers πŸ™‚

PS…can I refer you to an optometrist? πŸ˜‰

Mr. Tracy H

August 26, 2010 at 9:48 pm

• You’re too funny, Tracy! πŸ™‚

August 27, 2010 at 9:25 pm

• Louise, if you looked closer, Tracy is a male (his picture is very clearly marked for all to see) He also has been writing poetry since the age of 14…and is a very accomplished poet in his own right and in the process of compiling a compendium for publishing. I have tried to comment on your blog, but it takes me back to MySpace.~ Amanda

August 26, 2010 at 9:51 pm

• Thank You, Amanda! BOOOOO-YAHHHHH! LOL πŸ™‚

August 27, 2010 at 10:47 pm

4. creative and beautiful sentiments,
    lovely done…
    Thanks for the nomination!

August 26, 2010 at 7:09 am

5. I will place your link in,
    have fun enjoying others’ work…

your talent rocks,
    your participation is highly appreciated and valued!

way to go…
    keep rocking the world with first class poetry!
    Cheers!
    πŸ™‚

August 26, 2010 at 7:10 am

6. Pingback: Thursday Poets Rally Week 27 (August 26-Sept 1, 2010) | Jingle

7. Aptly named…I could feel it.

August 26, 2010 at 7:40 am

8. what a sweet. lovely tribute to your “angel.” this is so sweet and romantic! a brilliant masterpiece!

Of Fun and Friendship

August 26, 2010 at 7:52 am

9. Quite a beautiful poem!
    Pamela

August 26, 2010 at 8:11 am

10. Jessica Graf

So sweet

August 26, 2010 at 8:19 am

11. Tracy…another fine romantic love poem…they are a joy to read.

August 26, 2010 at 8:41 am

12. This is such an apt description of how we feel sometimes groping for the words that hide. Though I find it impossible to imagine you at a loss for words, I have found that when I have nothing to say, if I write about having nothing to say, I somehow find the words again. Of course, you have that other wonderful solution, the one who whispers your name in the night and says, “I’m here.”

August 26, 2010 at 8:51 am

13. WOW!!! powerful words, Tracy.. loved it. could somehow relate with it too.. kudos πŸ™‚

August 26, 2010 at 9:07 am

14. I felt frantic and then calm at the end, soothed. Great poem!

August 26, 2010 at 10:23 am

15. Tracy, I felt like candle melting at the warmth in your poem…
    Maaaannnn…. you rock!!!!!

You have NOTHING to fear about, my friend… your angel’s by your side, and so are your words…phew!!!

“misty melange” — love love love !!!!

Keep writing, my friend!
    Love on, and verse on… πŸ™‚

August 26, 2010 at 11:03 am

16. Tracy, you are awesome! Again, u make me breathless.

August 26, 2010 at 4:22 pm

17. a cacophony of silence… I love it! great poem and congrats on the award!

August 26, 2010 at 7:52 pm

18. Beautifully written. For whomever this poem is dedicated to is not only an angel, but a lucky one too.

August 26, 2010 at 8:55 pm

19. Oh, I forgot. Congrats on the award. You truly deserve it.

August 26, 2010 at 8:56 pm

20. The woman at the end of all of this love, warmth, passion and romance…your dedication towards her and then putting it in words…is indeed one lucky LADY…I could feel the passion dripping off my screen and am smiling!!..you truly are a one of a kind Cowboy!! I love your Gloriously Tormented, Happily Sad Heart πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Red x

August 26, 2010 at 10:07 pm

21. I like how you build the weight in the beginning. I feel the heaviness. And I like how it feels as if, as i progressed through the poem it becomes lighter and eases.

August 27, 2010 at 4:45 am

22. mairmusic

Intensely beautiful– a lovely read.

August 27, 2010 at 12:30 pm

23. jaredamuscat

That is quite a lovely piece. Thank you for the read.

August 27, 2010 at 1:40 pm

24. WOW! This is incredible… you have painted a beautiful world with powerful words and emotion. kudos*

August 27, 2010 at 7:52 pm

25. Illustration and poem perfectly match and perfectly wonderful…
    It’s always a delight to visit you site, Tracy. You always post “valentine” poems, and I always post “unvalentine” poems .. I have to come here for balance! πŸ™‚

August 27, 2010 at 9:27 pm

26. loved the whole feeling, every thing about this poem was simply amazing

August 28, 2010 at 7:15 am

27. Lovely. you really captured how fear put you into a spin! My favorite lines were:

a cacophony of silence
    crashes in my ears

Loved it!

August 28, 2010 at 9:14 am

28. A very lovely poem, you are so lucky to have an angel by your side πŸ™‚ Very sweet diction. Thumbs up, Tracy πŸ™‚
    Happy Rally

August 28, 2010 at 2:21 pm

29. C.

Wow I’m awed. Loved the first verse!

August 29, 2010 at 10:11 am

30. What a delightful read… romantic… gave me chills coupla times..
    beautiful selection on words πŸ™‚
    keep versing
    viva la vida πŸ™‚

you might wanna visit

August 29, 2010 at 2:13 pm

• Thank you for your time and wonderful comment. I enjoyed your piece at the link as well, Thanks. πŸ™‚

August 29, 2010 at 3:46 pm

31. Pingback: Another Rally, Another Magical Discovery (Highlight of Poets Rally Week 27 Poetry) | Promising Poets' Parking Lot

32. Pingback: The Celebrate Blogger of August Awards Announcements | Jingle

33. Pingback: Agreement 4 Poets Rally Week 27 First Time Participants | Promising Poets' Parking Lot