August 30, 2010 “Mountain-Stream”

“mountain-stream”

side by side they stood
under the reddening leaves
by dancing waters

over the mossy stones
mountain stream lightly lilting
heart’s rhythm playing

tunes of the forest
as old as the granite earth
wrought for two lovers

neath the blue fall sky
love eternal forged in hearts
deep as mountain roots

she, his dancing stream
he, her granite mountain cleft
theirs, love eternal

©tlh   8/30/2010

(Image courtesy of artist)

Thanks, Red

1. lovely set of haiku’s! you have a way with the love poems, much better than the dribble that comes out when I try, so I’ll get my fix from your blog instead! 🙂 thanks for the great post!

August 29, 2010 at 7:55 pm

• It’s my pleasure to be your romance “dealer”, my friend…any time you’re jonesing just drop by 🙂 Thanks for the comments 🙂

August 29, 2010 at 9:34 pm

2. Tracy, your poem and picture are heavenly……

August 29, 2010 at 7:56 pm

• Thank you, Neva…your comments are very much appreciated. 🙂

August 29, 2010 at 9:35 pm

3. Nice one. Gonna have to start sending my wifey here to read your offerings Tracy. She’d turn to mush because of your romantic words! 🙂

August 29, 2010 at 8:53 pm

• Thanks for the vote of confidence, Tony…I hope you and your wifey both enjoy 🙂

August 29, 2010 at 9:37 pm

4. Such lovely words, beautiful meaning…
    And so well Haiku’d!!!

When one’s in love, one sees loves everywhere and in everything !!!!

The metaphor here was too sweet!

August 29, 2010 at 11:05 pm

5. 🙂 Thank you, Kavita, I love the Haiku form when I need a relaxing write. I’m hopeless 🙂

Hey, do you like the early Pink Floyd?

August 29, 2010 at 11:17 pm

• I must admit I haven’t “listened to” the REAL EARLY Floydian stuff… But I know Floyd when I hear one!
      And you know what!! I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS !
      Roger Waters is gonna be performing here in NYC, this October!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!! My hubby too is a HUGE fan.. so WE ARE GOING FOR THE SHOW, no matter what!! 🙂
      How odd, isn’t it?! I mean, just a few days back, I showed you my Waters tour poem, and now he is gonna be performing again!! WOW!! SOMEbody heard me alright! 😉

August 30, 2010 at 9:38 pm

• Lucky You!!! 🙂 Did you see the Live 8 concert when he performed with the band again? It was really good to see the four of them back together. Check out “A Saucerful Of Secrets” and “The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn” for some pre-Gilmour stuff…it’s different…very different.

August 30, 2010 at 11:06 pm

• Haven’t seen the Live 8 concert 😦 When was this?

Oh boyyy!! I love Saucerful of secrets… it is sooo haunting! I still remember: one night, it was quite late (2AM sorts) and my hubby and I were still at work. Since no one was around (except me, next to his desk, waiting to leave for home together), my husband had decided to play Saucerful of Secrets on his work computer.. Apparently, there WAS somebody around.. in the other corner of the floor, and that guy was SO SCARED hearing this spooky sounding music. He had walked up gingerly, noticed us in our cubicle, and had heaved a sigh of relief! heheheh … poor chap!

August 30, 2010 at 11:29 pm

• The concert was in July 2005 here is a link to a clip

August 30, 2010 at 11:36 pm

• What a great story…you guys are truly fans if you have Saucer on your comp at work…:)

August 30, 2010 at 11:45 pm

6. Dakshima

wonderful.
    rich images..
    longing for an eternal love..

August 30, 2010 at 6:12 am

• Thank you for giving your time, and for commenting so kindly 🙂

August 30, 2010 at 11:37 pm

7. Excellent. Love the analogies. Dancing streams and mountain clefts. So pretty.

August 30, 2010 at 12:06 pm

• Shucks, Patti…Thanks 🙂 🙂

August 30, 2010 at 7:07 pm

8. Deep and meaningful words, the last stanza stands out for me. Well done as always Cowboy…I loved it. ~ x

August 30, 2010 at 1:32 pm

• Thank you, Red…that last stanza was difficult, for the two of them are so many things to one another. I’m glad you enjoyed 🙂

August 30, 2010 at 7:12 pm

9. Perfectly done. Enchanting!

Thank you for this. I just love it …

August 30, 2010 at 8:24 pm

• Thank you, Jamie…I do so love to hear you say you love my poems. 🙂 You, My Dear, are Enchanting 😉

September 1, 2010 at 12:08 am

10. Beautiful imagery and emotion Tracy.. beautifully etched ..!!

August 31, 2010 at 10:22 am

11. Thanks, Ilakya 🙂 and thanks for coming by 🙂 Cheers!

September 1, 2010 at 12:05 am

If I had to choose one word to sum up your poem I would pick the word ‘harmony’. I may be off the wall but that is what I felt and envisioned while reading it. The ancient rhythm of nature, of man and woman.

September 1, 2010 at 9:46 pm