September 2, 2010 “tanka for fall”

tanka for fall”

summer in it’s course

swelters the verdant valley

drinks the mountain stream

reins sun’s gallop to a trot

fall comes to set free the sun

©tlh 9/2/2010

(Image courtesy of artist)

Thanks, Red

1. Perfect 🙂

September 1, 2010 at 11:12 pm

• 🙂 I really should just quit now…this is a very wonderful comment…I blushed with pride when I first read it…true! Thanks, Cindy 🙂

September 2, 2010 at 10:57 pm

2. You are bringing so much joy and brightness to all of us Cowboy…every writing has a promise and I felt this one!! Even though I’m happy for Spring, Fall has such a mysterious romantic feel, full of promises…and you have defined that so perfectly here!!! I have seen the picture’s you’ve send me …and have to say…if there is one place I would love to see in my lifetime…it will have to be the Smokey Mountains in her full glory and beauty!!
    B R I L L I A N T Tanka xx

September 1, 2010 at 11:57 pm

• Thank you, Red for this wonderful comment…the poem is from my heart, and the Tanka is soothing to the mind to write and read. The Great Smokey Mountains are a sight to behold in the peak of Autumn…this Cowboy is at your service if you should ever desire a guided tour of these mountains… 🙂

September 2, 2010 at 11:02 pm

• I might just remember that:) x

September 3, 2010 at 12:21 am

3. Tracy, this is wonderful!

September 2, 2010 at 4:06 am

• Thanks, Neva…I’m very glad you like it 🙂

September 2, 2010 at 11:03 pm

4. This is my favorite line:

fall comes to set free the sun

Just wonderfully done. Brilliant. Enjoyed reading.

The changing of the seasons must be on a lot of our minds, I just posted a poem about seasons as well. 🙂

September 2, 2010 at 6:43 am

• Thank you for your time and comment…I’m very glad you enjoyed my poem. Fall is my favorite time for a few weeks every year.

September 2, 2010 at 11:05 pm

5. The photograph and words work in perfect harmony….just lovely.

September 2, 2010 at 12:55 pm

• As always, I thank you for READING my work…it’s good for me to get your feedback.

September 2, 2010 at 11:07 pm

6. i enjoy writing japanese poems… your tanka is really a pleasure to read… 🙂

September 2, 2010 at 1:00 pm

• Don’t you find them relaxing, both to read and write? Thank you for stopping by and commenting 🙂

September 2, 2010 at 11:08 pm

7. My fall I see kind of far yet here… but by reading this I so much look fowrard it!

So beautiful…
    thank you!

D.

September 2, 2010 at 1:28 pm

• Fall is upon my doorstep…a few weeks and the leaves will be in full splendor…a beautiful sight to behold here in the mountains of Tennessee. Thanks for reading, and for the kind comment 🙂

September 2, 2010 at 11:11 pm

Tanka? I had never heard of the word until your post arrived in the mail. Then I saw it again in an advertisement. Interestingly enough, your Tanka is a title for a poem and the advert is for Tanka Snack Bars made of Buffalo and Cranberries. I couldn’t believe my eyes!….I’ll take your poem any day…tanka very much! 😉

September 2, 2010 at 2:48 pm

• It’s a small world, Cindy 🙂 Tanka here Tanka there, and the age old Buffalo Cranberry tanka too. YUMMMM 🙂 Thank you, My Friend…you are a joy 🙂

September 2, 2010 at 11:14 pm

9. Brilliant! Kinda like the sun really, so I’d better not look at those words for too long. I might go blind from the awesomeness. 😛

September 2, 2010 at 3:25 pm

10. this is such a sweet piece… enjoyed the flow of words.. and totally LOVED the last line the most!! 🙂

Fall’s THE season for us sappy ones.. hehe..rich in color and fragrant airs.. (sigh) 🙂

September 2, 2010 at 11:15 pm

• True, Kavita…Fall is so beautiful here in the East with all the hardwoods. And, we poets, we happy romantics are blessed to enjoy the beauty of the myriad colors and hues along with the warm closeness of our loves in the crisp Autumn air splashed with the relaxing aroma of woodsmoke and leaves. Alas for me, My Love is elsewhere, but Fall is all the more sweet, for I’ll write it for her in poems everlasting. 🙂 Got carried away a little…sigh….:)

September 2, 2010 at 11:28 pm

• heheh.. I totally get it, Tracy… Getting carried away while discussing love is real easy 🙂
        Just like the floating Fall leaves 😉

September 3, 2010 at 9:59 am

• 🙂 as it should be 🙂

September 3, 2010 at 10:36 am

11. Tony, Tony, Tony…methinks thou hast been too long neath the sun…but Thanks Heaps for your support and always kind comments. I truly look forward to them now 🙂

September 2, 2010 at 11:17 pm

12. Wonderful tribute to fall, Tracy. I’m with Cindy. Perfect. And after summer, I would think the sun is grateful for the chance to rest a bit.

September 3, 2010 at 7:55 am