September 11, 2010 “terror”

“terror”

I awoke!

to the thump-thump-thumping

of my racing heart pumping

from some unknown fear dumping

all it’s terror over me

I despaired!

as the blade snicker-snacking

to and fro whicker-whacking

the edge hack-hacking

at my soul

I cried!

my eyes blink-blinking

my shattered mind thinking

and my broken spirit sinking

back to the blackness of a dream

©tlh 9/11/2010

1. Let us also pray for divine wisdom as our leaders consider the necessary actions for national security, wisdom of the grace of God that as we act, we NOT BECOME THE EVIL WE DEPLORE.”
    Rev. Nathan Baxter, Dean of Washington National Cathedral

September 11, 2010 at 11:52 am

2. Thank God for the brave men and women who forfeited everything to help others that day. Never Forget!! Thanks Tracy x

September 11, 2010 at 12:05 pm

• Indeed…we will never forget.

September 13, 2010 at 12:27 am

3. I believe Cindy’s coomments are quite close to my own views and fears.

September 11, 2010 at 6:29 pm

4. my we never forget… great tribute Tracy!

September 11, 2010 at 7:22 pm

5. Impossible to forget! I wish it were just a bad dream that went away on opening my eyes.. But the twin tower lasers staring at me from right across the Hudson, say it’s not! 😦

I hope we purge ourselves of all feelings of vengeance and hatred! Is it that hard?!?! 😦

A very powerful poem.. and the onomatopoeia did it for me!!

September 12, 2010 at 7:54 am

• There is no place for hatred in the hearts of the just.

Thanks, K 🙂

September 13, 2010 at 12:30 am

6. Chloe

A wonderful poem which catches in the throat, as you would expect terror to do. Like Kavita said, I wish the bombing of the World Trade Towers had been a dream…but there really IS such evil out there. I still cannot believe that it really DID happen. It beggars belief and fills me with such sadness xx

September 12, 2010 at 4:38 pm

• I think people all over the world feel the same…Thank You.

September 13, 2010 at 12:31 am

7. A terrible day indeed. I don’t think any of us can still quite believe that it happened. My thoughts go out to all my fine American friends during this time of remembrance.

PS: Tracy, I seem to recall that you sent me an email a couple of days ago. I hadn’t had a chance to read it before it got accidentally deleted (my stupid mistake). I just wanted to let you know in case you’d like to resend it. I apologise for the mess up.

September 12, 2010 at 7:48 pm

• Thank you, Tony.

I will resend that email, My Friend.

September 13, 2010 at 12:32 am

8. Thanks for this one, Tracy. You said what so many of us feel.

Changed your header? Nice. Must be very green in TN. Never been …

September 13, 2010 at 1:28 am

• Thanks, Jamie 🙂 I changed the header to an American Flag for 9/11. The shot for this header was taken not far from my home…it’s very green here. You should come by if ever you get the chance.

September 13, 2010 at 1:49 am