September 15, 2010 “side by side”

This is for One Shot Wednesday

I shot the photo, and liked it, so I challenged myself to write with it as my theme.

I encourage others to join me if they would like.

Just link or tag or whatever it is back to me so I can read them. 🙂

“side by side”

they met in the market

making small talk

neither thought

neither dreamed

but as it turned out

things were not

as they seemed

inconsequential

for little did they know

as they parted

they were fate’s

neither knew

they were meant to be

together

one from two

indivisible

but he had caught her eye

her heart followed

love their tide

they traveled the world

hand in hand

side by side

©tlh 9/15/2010

(Photo by tlh)

1. nice write tracy. i like the breaking of the parts by single worlds and this greatly accent you pic…nice one shot.

empty chairs
    where they once sat
    amid the spin
    until the day
    it stopped
    so their journey
    could begin

gave it a quick dash…first thoguht that popped into my head…

September 15, 2010 at 5:58 am

2. This is how it should be, for two people, one soul!

nowhere island

September 15, 2010 at 6:39 am

3. That photograph is subtle — at first looking very “gray” but then you see the color and the texture. Just like the poem. Nice one.

September 15, 2010 at 6:58 am

4. Love the photo and the poem it inspired…reminded me of when I went to University in southern Ohio.

September 15, 2010 at 9:10 am

5. dustus

One comforts; the other calms. Like Charles just said, love that photo! Reminds me of spots in TN, think of the old Oliver place

September 15, 2010 at 10:24 am

6. Tracyyyyyyyyy… this is THE story of our lives – hubby’s and mine!! Okay, we didn’t meet each other in a market place.. we met in our workplace! But the rest is THE SAME!! TO THE LETTER!!

I am gonna read this out to him when he gets home today… just to check his reaction! He will probably assume I wrote it! And I won’t blame him if he does!!

THANK YOU for this one, T… I can see us on those chairs!!
    Many hugs to you for this sweet poem!! (tears)

September 15, 2010 at 10:59 am

7. I love all the texture and the lighting in this photo. And how neat that it inspired such a touching and tender poem.

September 15, 2010 at 1:36 pm

8. Joe Suzz

it is refreshing to read about love actually working and two as one. The movement from inconsequencial to indivisible. 🙂
    __joe

September 15, 2010 at 1:40 pm

9. I liked that you took your inspiration from your interesting photo. I do that a lot, especially in my haiku blog. Perhaps that’s one of the reasons why we take those pictures – because the image inspires us.

Nice One Shot!

September 15, 2010 at 2:19 pm

10. signed .............bkm

the fates are kind…and have blessed these two…with happy everafter…thank you for that…bkm

September 15, 2010 at 2:23 pm

11. This is so soft and sweet. Lovely!

September 15, 2010 at 6:00 pm

12. you portray chairs as if they are lovers…
    stay at certain distance yet they stay close…
    beautiful challenge.
    well done!

September 15, 2010 at 11:05 pm

13. Fate sometimes brings people together in the stangest ways…I am very impressed with you for using the picture as inspiration…it brought out the most beautiful poem, very aptly used here. Well done Cowboy…love their tide:)

September 16, 2010 at 1:34 am

14. the photo was wonderful..and the love..they shared it in contentment..happy to just be there..sharing each others company without any over complications…a great one shot cheers pete

September 16, 2010 at 3:59 pm

• Thank you, Pete. I loved the subtle textures and colors of the photo, and with those chairs just sitting there as if their former occupants had just gone inside the house…I found it inspiring. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed both the poem and the photo.

September 16, 2010 at 7:12 pm