September 17, 2010 “heart matters”

“heart matters”

can the pauper love

same as the prince

I wonder

is there a difference

does station matter

in matters of the heart

can rank’s gulf

keep lovers apart

can the princess love

only the king-to-be

or can the princess love

a pauper like me

©tlh 9/17/2010

(Image courtesy of desktopnexus.)

Thanks, Red 🙂

1. This feels like a fairy tale from beginning to end….Mr Romance. There should never be differences or choices in matters of the heart…as they say “l’amour n’a pas de frontières”. Loved it Cowboy 🙂 x

September 17, 2010 at 3:49 am

• Oui, Mon Ami, J’espère que cela est vrai. Je vous remercie de tout cœur. 🙂 🙂

September 18, 2010 at 11:07 pm

2. Ah…what is it they say…’love conquers all’…a fine romantic poem.

September 17, 2010 at 3:21 pm

• Thank you, Charles…indeed, I believe love can conquer all.

September 18, 2010 at 11:09 pm

3. Oh this is great. I love the lyricism.

September 17, 2010 at 5:34 pm

• 🙂 Thank you, I’m glad you like it.

September 18, 2010 at 11:10 pm

4. I really like this. Who among us hasn’t questioned if we are “worthy” of love, and for than matter, of just about anything else. It starts with looking at the “cool” kids in school and continues to looking at the successful, wealthy, or just famous in adulthood. And along the way, there’s the nagging question — am I good enough for her or him? — every time we find ourselves falling in love.

I think you’ve touched on a universal truth in a beautiful way.

September 18, 2010 at 10:31 am

• Thank you, Patti. How can one not wonder, when he or she finds another that almost seems to be too good to be true…
      Thanks, My Friend, for your support and insight, it means a lot to me.

September 18, 2010 at 11:18 pm

5. Tracy, as always rhythmic and lovely. The only difference is the material accouterments which ultimately mean nothing. In some ways, the pauper is more pure because of the sacrifice those gifts represent in order to show some thoughtfulness.

September 19, 2010 at 1:46 pm