November 1, 2010 “boat”

to the offing

and the future

by dead reckoning

making this poor dreamer

a landlocked sailor

©tlh 11/1/10

1. When that soft voice cries from die Kaapse dokter we say the devil is beating his wife.
    Lovely poem, Tracy.

November 1, 2010 at 8:00 pm

2. Thanks, Cindy…I hear it as an enchanting song coming from the tumult 🙂

November 1, 2010 at 9:28 pm

3. Love the image and the poem…something about boats on the water that calms the emotions.

November 1, 2010 at 10:09 pm

4. Wow, what a glorious photo! I love the poem. It captures the dreams of setting out on the waves that come over many of us in such a setting. It’s the clanging of the halyards as the boats sway with the wind that does it to me. Add a gull cry to that, and I’m off.

November 2, 2010 at 8:48 am

5. stunning shot.
    it is fun to do some boating during the weekend.

November 2, 2010 at 4:03 pm

6. http://thursdaypoetsrallypoetry.wordpress.com/2010/11/02/the-celebrate-poet-of-september-awards-officially-won-via-votes/

the celebrate poet of September award for you,
    plus the honorable mention,
    Enjoy!
    u rock!

November 2, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Stunning photo that matches the yearning to seek peace out on the sea…enjoying your poems as always!

November 3, 2010 at 8:59 am

8. Awesome Pic Tracy! I didn’t know there were so many sailboats in this area … And I didn’t know that you were big into photography.

Anyway, I think it’s super cool that you’re blogging too! Makes me want to write more often on my own blogs 😉

Gary Anderson
    aka- @GanderCo

November 3, 2010 at 6:35 pm

9. Oh to go sailing on a fall weekend. Lovely. Charming poem and fine photo. I grew up along the Hudson and now live near San Francisco bay, so I especially appreciate this post.

It reminds of of JFK: “We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch – we are going back from whence we came.” … although that must be a lake or a river.

We saw this yacht this weekend, described as a “nice family boat!” LOL
    I expect yachting is nothing like saling.

November 3, 2010 at 10:40 pm

10. Happy weekend, Tracy. Hope all is well …

November 6, 2010 at 3:58 pm

11. Tracy…you will never be a land locked sailor as long as you have that dreaming mind of yours that blesses us with beautiful poetry….have not made the rounds much lately..husband has been having some back problems..and running to doctors as of late…take care….bkm

November 8, 2010 at 7:56 pm