January 24, 2012 “hushed” (on the passing of my mother)

“hushed”

(on the passing of my mother)

a light has gone out

the candle that glowed in the window

is burned down to grey smoke

spiriting toward heaven

the path darkened

the way unlit

the door is closed

and the chair empty

the hearth no longer warm

the blush faded from the rose

muted is love’s comforting voice

beneath folds of white

and soft closed eyes

laughter is hushed

in a brighter heaven

we are greater for knowing that star

the world lesser without it

tlh 1/24/11

1. Gillian Colbert

What a beautiful tribute. My sympathies are with you.

January 24, 2012 at 7:57 am

2. A beautiful rememberance of your mother…peace be with you.

January 24, 2012 at 9:40 am

3. She will be smiling my dearest friend….just beautiful! Hugs oxo

January 24, 2012 at 1:50 pm

4. Brenda Jenkins

She is a beautiful woman and her beauty will live on in her husband, children and grandchildren. God bless.

January 24, 2012 at 4:06 pm

5. Rhonda Lovelace

Tracy- My hear goes out to you for the loss of you mother. She was a great person. She was a great friend to my mother – Shirley Salyer. Mom loved her. Mom passed on Jan 31st 2001. Yes. I feel your pain. Your mother was your friend. No one will ever take thier place. Now they are friends in heaven waiting on everone. Bless your family at this time and the days and years to come. Some days will be good. Some days will be bad. Just always remember the good times with her. You are in my prayers.

January 24, 2012 at 4:46 pm

6. Oh, Tracy, I’m so sorry. This was a beautiful tribute. I’m sure she’s feeling your love.

January 25, 2012 at 6:39 am

At a loved ones passing, more often than not the words we seek to express the way we feel elude us. In your grief you have managed to write the words and share them with us and we are honored. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

January 27, 2012 at 5:39 pm

8. To each of my blog/poetry friends above, a very heartfelt Thank You for your kind thoughts, prayers, and comments. My mother was a happy soul full of smiles and laughter. All who knew her will miss her. This little poem is just my way of acknowledging the void created at her passing. Thank you all again for reading and caring. Sincerely,
    Tracy